Tuesday 16 April 2013

Editing Images for the Digipak

I first started with the images below which were enhanced in iPhoto, as I believed they were a little too dark and needed to look more vibrant especially as my cast member had a bright orange jacket. I decided to take my own images for the front of the digipak, rather than use images from the music video itself as I wanted the images to be sharper.



The top image is the image I intend to use for the front cover of the digipak, as I prefer this to the image below and the other images. Therefore I decided to play around with the desaturate tool on Adobe Photoshop. Instead of making the whole image black and white I decided to cut around the cast member using the 'Magnetic Tool' (easier to cut out the specified object), put the image of my cast member which I had recently cut out onto a new layer. Once I'd done this I turned the original image black and white then finally imported the layer of my cast member Tom onto the black and white image. The final outcome is seen below. 


However, although I liked this image I didn't like that it still looked quite dull and pasty. Therefore I used the 'Auto Tone' image tool to tone the image properly. I prefer this image as it looks brighter and less pasty. This outcome is seen below.


I decided to work with the second image to create the base of my front cover for my digipak. Instead of using the image as it is above, I resized the image and placed it differently on the blank digipak I had sized up previously. Below are the outcomes of what I did. 




Currently I'm unsure on what image to pick for the final edit, however once I have put the text I have planned onto each of these front images I believe this will then help me to decide which image I should pick. Although I have decided on using the image I have previously discussed, I also edited another picture which is seen as the second image at the top of this post. 

Although I planned on editing this second image like the first image, I decided against this as I liked the colour of the garage in the background. Therefore I used the 'Auto Tone' to enhance the image once more from previously enhancing it in iPhoto. Once I resized the image, I came up with two possible front covers, however I am still planning to use one of the three images above. Below are the two possible front covers of the digipak. 



As previously mentioned I am still almost certain that these images won't be used, but the others will. I believe these images look too 'posed' however the three others look quite natural. My next step is to include text by using online photo editing software PicMonkey - link. 

No comments:

Post a Comment