Wednesday 17 April 2013

Behind the CD Tray Image

Having still to decide what image I should use for the front cover of my digipak, I decided to work on the image which will be behind the CD tray. As it would be covered by the CD I wanted to keep the image simple and not have much design to it as it would be hidden; therefore I created a grid from the location images - here and some images print screened from the music video itself. Below is an the orignal image I created with only using the enhance tool on iPhoto; nevertheless the picture still looks dull so I edited it further. (Seen below the image underneath.) 


Edited Image


As you can see the image is a lot more vibrant and brighter than the unedited image. Although I think this image is slightly too edited I like how it has turned out, and for seeing underneath the CD tray which I would opt to be frosted slightly I think it looks fine. To do this I used the the "Edge Blur" tool to slightly blur the edges, although this effect seems to have been lost with the editing. To give the image a brighter look I changed the sharpness, highlights, brightness and contrast. Using the sharpness element allowed me to make my image look less 'fuzzy' and more tighter in the terms of quality. 

The only editing that now needs to occur is the resizing to make sure it fits the width and height of the digipak. I'll be resizing the image in Adobe Photoshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment